New estimates on the deaths and hospital admissions caused by smoking are around 15% lower than previously published but what does this tell us about smoking in England?
Mark Cook is principal public health analyst, Health Improvement, PHE
Related content and links
Public health matters
The official blog of Public Health England, providing expert insight on the organisation's work and all aspects of public health. More about this blog.
Have you seen #PHEHealthMatters, a resource for professionals providing data, tools and interventions to help you tackle key public health issues. Read all the #PHEHealthMatters blogs here.
Comments and moderation
- What Londoners can expect this winter 16 September 2021
- What the Health Profile for England shows us about the wider impacts of COVID-19 on health 15 September 2021
- Blood pressure: Are your pipes in good working order? 6 September 2021
- A welcome return to school for students in England 2 September 2021
- Five reasons to get the COVID-19 vaccine if you're pregnant 26 August 2021