Earlier this month the Government announced £100 million of new funding to help support people in achieving a healthier weight. Find out what the funding will be used for and how PHE is supporting local authorities and service providers.
Jim McManus is Director of Public Health for Hertfordshire County Council, UK. He is a Chartered Psychologist and Chartered Scientist as well as a registered public health professional. He is a member of the Association of Directors of Public Health UK Board, and visiting Professor of Public Health at the University of Hertfordshire.
Recently a new resource was launched which tells the story of people living with and affected by HIV which offers a different kind of insight.
The number of people in the UK using e-cigarettes has risen rapidly – quadrupling to 2.8 million adult vapers over the past four years. Importantly, the data shows that regular use of e-cigarettes in the UK is almost entirely confined …
Related content and links
Public health matters
The official blog of Public Health England, providing expert insight on the organisation's work and all aspects of public health. More about this blog.
Comments and moderation
- What Londoners can expect this winter 16 September 2021
- What the Health Profile for England shows us about the wider impacts of COVID-19 on health 15 September 2021
- Blood pressure: Are your pipes in good working order? 6 September 2021
- A welcome return to school for students in England 2 September 2021
- Five reasons to get the COVID-19 vaccine if you're pregnant 26 August 2021