During June and July 2014 over 10,000 football fans from the UK are expected to travel to Brazil for the World Cup. This is more than five times the number originally predicted, with a large proportion more than likely travelling …
Geraldine has been Service Manager at the National Travel Health Network & Centre (NaTHNaC) since 2009.
Although as NaTHNaC’s senior administrator her job is wide-ranging, she has a particular interest in communicating science to a lay audience. Geraldine has taken the lead in developing NaTHNaC’s social media activities and is part of a small team developing a new NaTHNaC website.
She works closely with Public Health England’s Communications team to promote coverage of travel health by the media.
Prior to joining NaTHNaC, Geraldine worked in senior administration roles for charities including Deafness Research UK and the Core Charity – fighting gut and liver disease. Her roles encompassed developing patient information and health awareness campaigns, writing funding proposals and running medical research competitions.
Related content and links
Public health matters
The official blog of Public Health England, providing expert insight on the organisation's work and all aspects of public health. More about this blog.
Comments and moderation
- What Londoners can expect this winter 16 September 2021
- What the Health Profile for England shows us about the wider impacts of COVID-19 on health 15 September 2021
- Blood pressure: Are your pipes in good working order? 6 September 2021
- A welcome return to school for students in England 2 September 2021
- Five reasons to get the COVID-19 vaccine if you're pregnant 26 August 2021