We’re pleased to bring you our round-up highlighting some of PHE’s online activity from the past week. Here’s your chance to catch up on what you might have missed including:
Health Matters - getting every adult active every day
This week we launched the seventh edition of Health Matters, looking at how we can get every adult active every day. As usual, a range of content is available to support the launch including:
- A blog launching this edition
- A blog looking at the potential for mobile apps and games such as Pokemon Go
- A blog detailing a range of professional tools and resources
- A video introducing the issues
- A case study: Creating a culture of physical activity in Sheffield
- Case study: Beat the Street: getting communities moving
- As always you can download related infographics for your presentations and social media
This week we advised that 10 micrograms of vitamin D are needed daily to help keep healthy bones, teeth and muscles, following a report by SACN. Read our expert interview explaining why we need Vitamin D and looking at what the new recommendations mean.
Public health has gone digital
Do you know your scrums from your SEO? This week PHE's Mary Black blogged offering an A-Z of digital public health terminology.
UV and skin damage
With lots of sun in the UK this week we've been sharing facts about UV (ultraviolet radiation) and how best to protect your skin while out and about in the sun. You can check on the UV level where you are using our interactive tool.